Anonymous asked: Since it's "Arthur Kirkland Appreciation Week", what are the fics where you personally liked Arthur the best? :D
Oooh, excellent question, anon!
It can be a little hard finding fics that capture what I love best about Arthur. I mean, I love him because he’s such a complicated character. He’s a gentleman AND the erotic ambassador. He has trouble talking about his feelings, but he also has an amazing facility with words.
Here are some of my favorite portrayals of Arthur:
Ruthlessly Competent (with a soft spot)
- Spades (by simplytrop) – Arthur reacts wonderfully to finding out that a bumbling, no-nothing time-traveler is the new King of Spades.
- Never Your Hero (by General Kitty Girl) – If you want kickass England, here’s where to go. Don’t expect romance though, this is a parent/child sort of relationship. (Also, be warned that America can come off as a bit slow and helpless to give England room to shine.)
Secretly Romantic (but he’s not going to admit it)
- Cold December Night (by Car) – “All England wanted was one kiss from America… What England wanted, he got.”
- In Such a State (by 9mm Meg) – Arthur has to find his way out of his porcelain predicament while dealing with his growing feelings for Alfred.
- The Romantic (by Teenage Mouse) Arthur decides “to build the perfect partner for himself, in the form of a personal android named Alfred.”
Kinky and In Control
And, of course, I love every possible portrayal of drunk England ;)
60 notes | Reblogged: (via